10 Great Books to Encourage Your Christian Faith
-This post contains Amazon affiliate links. If you click on and buy through one of these links, I do receive a small percentage. Thank you.-
Do you love to read? I sure do. I don't have as much time as I'd like to have for reading- so I'm picky about the books that I choose. I love a great novel that makes me think, something I can get lost in, and I enjoy a light beach read, when the time is right. But most often, the books I gravitate towards are the ones that can teach me something (and get straight to the point), books that make good use limited precious time.
The following list of books that I've compiled were chosen with three criteria:
- I've read them (and wholeheartedly recommend them)
- They encouraged me in my Christian faith (and I believe they'll encourage you)
- They offer solid, no-nonsense, Biblical teaching in a compelling manner.
@@Here they are, Ten Great Books to Encourage You in Your Christian Faith...@@
1. Good News for the Weary Woman, by Elyse Fitzpatrick
Elyse Fitzpatrick is all about the Gospel. She's great at explaining how it relates to, not just our eternal salvation, but to the here and now. This book is for any woman who needs to be reminded that the heart of the Gospel is not about what we do, but what Christ as already done for us.
2. Found in Him, by Elyse Fitzpatrick
Here's another great book by Elyse Fitzpatrick. The focus of this book is about who we are in Christ.
3. Saturate, by Jeff Vanderstelt
This book is about how the "church" is more than a once a week place we go to. It's about living on mission for Jesus, in our communities, throughout the week.
4. What's So Amazing About Grace, by Phillip Yancey
A look at what grace in action looks like.
5. Encounters With Jesus, by Timothy Keller
A look at the big questions in life, and how the life of Jesus answers those questions.
6. Surprised by Joy, by C.S. Lewis
an account of how C.S. Lewis came to faith in Christ.
7. Orthodoxy, by G.K. Chesterton
a classic of Christian apologetics
8. Reflections on the Bible: Human Word and Word of God, by Dietrich Bonhoeffer
a collection of essays and excerpts from Dietrich Bonhoeffer, about why the Bible can be trusted and why it holds the answers to all of life's questions.
9. A Hunger for God: Desiring God through Fasting and Prayer, by John Piper
The best book I have ever read about the reason behind, and the importance of, fasting with prayer.
10. Look to Jesus: How to Let Go of Worry and Trust God, by Dawn Klinge
Yes, this is my book, and I'm including it here because I believe strongly in the message that I've shared in these pages. I wrote it with the purpose of encouraging others to look to Jesus. It's a combination of teaching, about why God is trustworthy, illustrated with personal stories from my own life, as I've learned to let go of worry and trust God.
I hope this list will serve you, as a good resource, the next time you are thinking about what to read next. These are all books that I return to, again and again, when I'm looking for encouragement in my Christian faith. I pray that they will encourage you as well.